seim & partner have compiled in collaboration with Greg Mahlknecht a comprehensive map of all 263 operational and planned telecommunication sea cables in the world (http://www.cablemap.info/
). The map shows all currently operational seacable undersea cable systems above 1Gbps transmission capacity, which have entered into service since 1989, as well as all planned systems up to 2016.
Furthermore the map shows the starting year of operations and the increases in available capacity over time. Detailed insets show the number of internet users per country as well as the number of active internet hosts.
- world map based on the latest world map version from the World Geodetic System
- 263 cable systems (where info is available) with their real (not idealized) cable routes
- timeline with year of start of operation
- summarized representation of the development of capacities, separately shown for the Atlantic, the Mediterranean Sea and Indian Ocean, as well as the Pacific
- anamorphic world map representing number of internet users per country
- anamorphic world map representing number of internet hosts per country
- Authors: Kai Seim, Philip Hartmann
- Sources: Greg’s cable map (www.cablemap.info), CIA World Factbook
- Poster in A0 format
- ISBN: 978-3-00-044103-5
The map is available for €49.90 plus postage and VAT at seim & partner. Company discounts for orders above 10 copies possible on request.